"Set a goal, make a plan and get to work!"
I was born in Marrum and now live in Leeuwarden in The Netherlands. I have been involved in sports all my life. From the age of 8 to the age of 19 I played tennis fanatically. I started fitness at the age of 22 and decided to make it my profession in 2006 by working as a fitness trainer, which I still enjoy doing ever since.
In 2009 I entered the strong men's world through a fellow athlete who already participated in such competitions; "you have to try it dude, nice" they said and "you can do that, easy" and 4 years later the title of strongest man of The Netherlands was mine! This was due to carefully designed (nutrition) programmes, discipline and persistence along with setting realistic and achievable goals.
All in all, the title of strongest man in the Netherlands went my way twice (2013 and 2015).
Best performance so far:
- 6th place Strongest Man of the Netherlands (2011)
- 5th place Strongest Man of the Netherlands (2012)
- 1st place Strongest Man of the East Netherlands (2013)
- 1st place Strongest Man of the Netherlands (2013)
- 1st place Strongest Man of the Northern Netherlands (2015) (also a qualifier for Strongest Man of the Netherlands)
- 1st place Strongest Man of the Netherlands (2015)
- 2nd place Strongest Man of the Netherlands (2016)
- 2nd place Arnold Classic South Africa (May 7, 2017)
- 7th place Arnold Classic Barcelona (September 23, 2017)
- 2nd place Strongest Man of Friesland with a Dutch record deadlift of 390 kg (November 12, 2017).
- 2nd place Arnold Classic South Africa (May 12, 2018)
- 5th place Arnold Classic Santa Monica and set a new Dutch record deadlift of 413 kg (January 2019)
- 11th place overall Arnold Classic 2019 (March 2019)
- 7th place Arnold Classic Santa Monica (January 2020)
In between my training sessions and competitions I am now at your disposal for all kinds of sports matters, from online coaching and personal training to giving seminars. Feel free to browse through the menu and contact me if you want to know more.